- Saint Nikolaos and Saint Charalambos
- Item ID : 69
- Collection Name : Holy Metropolis of Limnos and Ag. Eustratios
- Type : Icon
- Year : Late 17th century
- Place : Limnos
- Dimension : 72,5Χ55,5Χ5,3
- Current Place : Saint George parish chapel– Saint Demetrius church
- Description : The panel is deteriorated around the top frame. The colors of the upper and lower strips are in bad condition.
On the left side of the icon of Saint Nikolas, inscribed: Saint Nikolas is depicted in full length and clad in Bishop Vestments. His face is portrayed in austere and solemn expression. He is looking directly to the viewer with a penetrating gaze. The stance of the figure is depicted according to the established Cretan school of art. He is holding a gospel book adorned with jewels with his left hand his right hand is extended in a blessing attitude.
Saint Charalambos is depicted to the right side of the icon, full length and in a standing position. His gaze is addressed to the worshipper directly. He is clad in priest chasubles. The red cloak falls freely around his body. He holds a gospel book adorned with his left hand, adorned with jewels and covered by his cloak. His right hand is raised in a benediction attitude.
Centrally located at the top part of the icon, Christ is depicted amidst clouds and against a red background embellished with gold star motifs. Christ has his hand open in a benediction attitude.
Ichnographically and stylistically the icon resembles certain traits, that one can attribute the work to the same master artist of the Epitaphios Lament icon.