- Christ, the Four Evangelists and two prophets
- Item ID : 53
- Collection Name : Holy Metropolis of Zakinthos and Strofadon
- Year : Late 18nth century
- Τechnique : oil on wood
- Materials : wood
- Dimension : 126 x 0.80 cm
- Description : The icons created in order to decorate the temple of St.Dionysios church. Christ is depicted full length centrally located holding the Globe cruciger with his right hand while blessing with his left. In the upper right-hand side two prophets are depicted also in full-length standing position. The four Evangelists are appearing following the same schematic order.
The aesthetic assimilation of the painting relates to the Latin religious iconography. The blending of various artistic elements surmises the transition of the religious Zakinthian art to a more secularist and realistic execution.