- THE CHURCH OF THE SAINT MARINA
- Item ID : 363
- Collection Name : Holy Metropolis of Argolida
- Type : Temple
- Year : c. 18th AD
- Current Place : Ligourio
- Description : To the west-side of the village Ligourion, and at a long distance from the Mount Arachnaion, a post-Byzantine church is located.
Inside four ancient marble columns, three of which have Ionic capitals supports the dome .
The masonry screen separates the nave, and which part of the naive has beautiful hagiographies from an unknown painter
Above the beautiful gate survives the inscription , which mentions the year 1713 and connects the construction of the church with Bishop of Damala and Pediada, Jacob . On the north wall there is a second inscription, which shows how the same year the painting was done by the church, which must be interrupted by the events that followed the return of the Turks in the Peloponnese , in 1715.