- Saint Samonas, Modestos and an unidentified Saint
- Item ID : 321
- Collection Name : Holy Metropolis of Limnos and Ag. Eustratios
- Type : Icon
- Year : First half of eighteenth century
- Dimension : 30Χ24,5Χ2,7
- Current Place : Holy Trinity church – Myrina
- Description : In this icon, the three saints are depicted against a golden background. Saint Samonas is depicted to the left side of the panel. He is presented full length and in a standing position. He is portrayed as a young man, clad in a red cloak and a deep red tunic rich in darker shadings. He is holding the martyr cross with his right hand, while holding his cloak with his right. In the middle Saint Samonas – Bishop of Jerusalem, is depicted full length and in a standing position. He is portrayed as an old man, clad in Episcopal vestments, blessing with his right hand while holding a closed Gospel book with his left.
To the right side of the panel a young saint-yet unidentified, is depicted full stand wearing a red cloak rich in gold ornamentation around the edges. His tunic is of a dark green color with a rich gold embroidered band around his neck and embellished with floral motifs.
He is holding the martyr cross with his left hand while he has the palm of his right hand turned to the viewer symbolizing acceptance.
The nimbi of the three saints are incised and decorated with floral motifs.
The iconographic and style and stylistic type of the icon refer to the iconographical characteristics of the late seventeenth or early eighteenth century.